Dear TSRG Community,
As we wind down 2019, I sit with immeasurable gratitude for all we have accomplished this year. What started as an idea that I documented in a PowerPoint presentation while bedridden in 2016 has become an IRS-approved, Colorado-based 501(c)(3), with team members in Colorado, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Rhode Island, and Washington. This team of professionals dedicated to finding solutions to the opioid crisis will hit the ground running in 2020 with diverse and important research projects and amazing community partners. While we want to take a moment to recognize our achievements and donors, we also know our work has just begun. There is much more to do to help rebuild this country from the devastation to families and communities caused by the opioid crisis.
Moving forward, we will be working to understand the barriers that exist and that need to be understood to enable the development of robust policies and programmatic infrastructure while building healthy communities. We strive to identify strategies to facilitate a pathway forward. As such, we will participate in activities that contribute to a coordinated, multipronged patchwork of solutions.
We look forward to working with all of you as we embark on the New Year. Thank you for your support and we hope that all of you had a happy holiday season.
- 10.10.10 (https://101010.net/)
- Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management (Denver, November 2019)
- Benzo-Wise Colorado and Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- The Challenge School Wellness Week (2019)
- Office of Behavioral Health – Colorado
- The Colorado Consortium for Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention Symposium (UC Anschutz – 2019)
- Colorado Behavioral Health & Wellness Summit (Denver University, October 2019)
- Health and Human Services
- Jefferson County Substance Use Partnership
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA)
- Tri-County Overdose Prevention Partnership (TCOPP)
- Urban Affairs Association (Los Angeles – 2019)
- We received 501(c)(3) status from the IRS
- We launched tsrg.org
- We participated in Giving Tuesday
- We completed our first major research study on local governments
- We created a summary of our local government survey results on the local government response to the opioid crisis
- Steve Wright and Terri Schreiber created podcasts on benzodiazepines
- Colorado Behavioral Health & Wellness Summit (Denver University, October 2019) awaiting formal release
- Foster, D. E. (2019, October 6). Dialogue with the Doctor: A Conversation with Dr. Steven Wright (Part 1 of 2). Retrieved December 1, 2019, from https://www.benzofree.org/podcast/dialogue-with-the-doctor-a-conversation-with-dr-steven-wright-part-1-of-2-bfp021/.
- Foster, D. E. (2019, October 6). Dialogue with the Doctor: A Conversation with Dr. Steven Wright (Part 2 of 2). Retrieved December 1, 2019, from https://www.benzofree.org/podcast/dialogue-with-the-doctor-a-conversation-with-dr-steven-wright-part-2-of-2-bfp022/.